What We Do at Springfield Welcome Home
Our Mission: providing community
SWH rose up out of the refugee crisis in 2015. We saw a need to help support the refugees in our community, so a group of five friends got together and started Springfield Welcome Home. We are the only refugee support agency in Springfield, Missouri. We are a 501(c)(3), so donations are tax deductible!
What began as simply providing welcome baskets blossomed into an opportunity for our community to surround our newest neighbors with love and acceptance. In addition to tangible items like phones and TVs that the placement agency does not provide, we really excel at creating a welcoming community for the new refugees. See a list of accomplishments below, and click here to learn more about current projects.
We would welcome your help, too! Please consider making a difference in the lives of our new neighbors.
What We've Achieved
- SWH has helped over 150 families placed in the Springfield, MO area.
- SWH has created a vibrant community of volunteers through social media.
- SWH works with refugees to find employment opportunities.
- SWH volunteers have logged over 4,000 hours helping our new neighbors
- SWH has distributed items valued at over $30,000 in furniture, appliances, clothing, and basic elements of living.
- SWH has helped teach people to drive.
- SWH provided support with school enrollment.
- SWH hosted play dates and community events.
- SWH helped with cooking classes to help refugees learn to use appliances in their new home.
- SWH provided refugee families with English as Second Language (ESL) classes.
- SWH gave multiple presentations regarding refugees & volunteer opportunities.